Flight School - Start Strong
Flight School - Start Strong is a week long program starting right before the academic term. The program is collaborative and brings together academics, Housing & Residence Life, Tech Opportunities Program (TOP/TRIO), and Student Involvement & Belonging to welcome students to campus and give them a variety of tools to navigate the academic year. Participants will participate in multiple academic sessions throughout the week and enroll in an fall academic success course that will be no cost to the student. Along with the academics, students will engage in a variety of community-building activities. Our week long schedule of activities will be published as it becomes available.
We know it is difficult to make the plans to leave work and home before moving to Oregon Tech so we are incentivizing the week for the students who attend with Bookstore credit and stipends.
We power the potential of first-generation students, low-income students, and students with disabilities. Our dedicated staff provides services and support in the following areas:
- One-on-one and group tutoring
- Academic, career, and financial aid planning
- Peer mentoring and networking with other students
- College success classes, faculty-led sessions, and workshops
- Assistance with applying for financial aid, scholarships, and grants
- Community building and cultural events
Oregon Tech's SOAR Program provides students with an opportunity for Oregon Tech's new students and their families to attend an experience that aids in the university transition process; that will inform students of the support available to them; opportunities to explore co-curricular and career prospects; as well as be well informed on how students and families can be integrated into life at Oregon Tech.
- Find Support - Sense of Belonging and Resources
- Explore Opportunities - Student Involvement and Career Exploration
- Achieve Academic Success - Skills & Strategies
- Build Resiliency - Continuing to SOAR at Oregon Tech
Living On Campus
Our Klamath Falls campus offers two housing facilities to allow students to stay on campus as they study, which comes with a host of perks. In addition to convenience, staying on campus has been shown to improve academic success. It allows you to fully immerse yourself in the campus culture, make lasting friendships with people of diverse backgrounds, and partake in countless activities—including annual traditions such as Tech Con, Spring Fling and the local favorite, the Halloween Haunted House.