About LAD Scholarships
Oregon Tech awards Leadership and Diversity (LAD) Scholarships each year to students who meet the application criteria. Students must not have a bachelor's degree in order to receive an LAD Scholarship. LAD Scholarship recipients are expected to fulfill ten service hours each term, providing leadership and/or promoting diversity in some way at Oregon Tech or in the community.
Leadership and Diversity Scholarships are $2,000 per year for Oregon residents or those attending under the Western Undergraduate Exchange and $3,000 per year for non-residents.
The following criteria are taken into consideration:
- The background, identities and experiences the applicant brings to Oregon Tech.
- How the applicant will make a difference and contribute to Oregon Tech being a place where all students feel a sense of belonging.
- The applicant's history of involvement and leadership, and how they hope to improve their leadership skills while at Oregon Tech.
- Whether the applicant is a first-generation college student.
- The applicant's grade point average. Must have a minimum 2.75 GPA to qualify.
- The applicant's financial need.
- The applicant must not have received a bachelor's degree.
- The applicant must have 90 or fewer Oregon Tech credits at the time of application.
You can apply for the 2022/23 Leadership & Diversity scholarship through the Oregon Tech Foundation scholarship application. The final deadline is March 1 at 5:00 pm.