WUE Tuition Reduction
Students enrolled in some of Oregon Tech’s majors are eligible for the Western Undergraduate Exchange (WUE) program. WUE is a tuition-reduction program sponsored by Western Interstate Commission for Higher Education (WICHE) that can save students from the Western United States thousands of tuition dollars each year.
Students from Alaska, Arizona, California, Colorado, Hawaii, Idaho, Montana, Nevada, New Mexico, North Dakota, South Dakota, Utah, Washington, Wyoming, Guam, and Commonwealth of the Northern Mariana Islands are eligible. Students from these states who apply for WUE-eligible majors pay just 150 percent of the in-state tuition.
No request is required to receive WUE. Students from WUE states who enter WUE-eligible programs will automatically be reviewed for WUE rates upon admission to Oregon Tech.
|Annual Tuition for WUE Students at 15 Credit Hours Per Term|
|Non-Resident Tuition & Fees||WUE Tuition & Fees||WUE Savings|
*NOTE: The difference in costs are the associated fees for Portland-Metro and Klamath Falls campus
Eligible WUE States:
United States and Territories: Alaska, Arizona, California, Colorado, Hawaii, Idaho, Montana, Nevada, New Mexico, North Dakota, South Dakota, Utah, Washington, Wyoming, Guam, and Commonwealth of the Northern Mariana Islands.
To maintain eligibility you must:
- Remain continuously enrolled throughout fall, winter and spring of the academic year. Summer enrollment at Oregon Tech is not required to maintain eligibility.
- Enroll in at least 12 credits per term and maintain Satisfactory Academic Standing. Students who are simultaneously admitted to Oregon Tech and a community college to allow dual enrollment must take at least 9 credits per term from Oregon Tech with a combined total of 12 credits per term. GPA and completed credits are monitored each academic year.
- Students wishing to ‘stop-out’ of enrollment for a term must submit a written request to the Office of the Registrar before the start of that term. Requests are granted at the discretion of the university.
- Be seeking your first bachelor's degree.
- All majors in the College of Engineering, Technology, and Management
Majors in the College of Health, Arts and Sciences with the below exceptions.
These programs are not eligible for the WUE rate:
- Pre-Medical Imaging Technology
- Medical Imaging Technology
- Medical Lab Science
- Pre-Dental Hygiene
- Dental Hygiene
- Nursing after acceptance by Oregon Health Sciences University
- Paramedic Education Program
- Oregon Tech Online Education Programs are ineligible for WUE.
- Post-baccalaureate students are not eligible to receive the WUE rate.
Respiratory Care, Class of 2012
"WUE made it possible for me to finance my education and pursue the career that I've always wanted. My class sizes are small, my professors know me by name, and I won't graduate with a lot of debt.
Attending college out-of-state has been a great experience and the WUE program made it affordable for me."