- M.S. Engineering and Applied Sciences, University of New Orleans
- M.S. Biomedical Engineering, Tulane University
- M. E. Electrical Engineering, Tulane University
- B.S. Engineering Science, University of New Orleans
- Pursuing Ph.D. in Engineering and Applied Sciences, University of New Orleans
- Research Area: Signal processing of Sperm Whale echolocation clicks
- Over 25 years industry experience at companies which include Lockheed Martin, Jacobs Engineering, LSU Health Science Center, and Tulane Medical School
- Licensed Professional Engineer in Electrical Engineering
- Assembly Language
- Embedded Sensor Interfacing
- Embedded C
- “Study of Inhibitory Effects of an Antiangiogenic Somatostatin – Camptothecin Conjugate on Laser Induced Choroidal Neovascularization in Rats,” J. Fuselier, G. Drouant, et al, The Journal Retina, April – May, 2005.
- “The Effects of Drug Dose and Exposure Time on the Binding, Internalization, and Cytotoxicity of Radiolabeled Somatostatin Analogs.” C. Anthony, E. Woltering, G. Drouant, et al, Journal of Surgical Research, June 1, 2004 ;119(1):1-13.
- “Growing vascular endothelial cells express somatostatin subtype 2 receptors.” Watson JC, Balster DA, Gebhardt BM, O'Dorisio TM, O'Dorisio MS, Espenan GD, Drouant GJ, Woltering EA. Br J Cancer. 2001 Jul 20; 85(2):266-72.
- “Antitumor and antiangiogenic effects of somatostatin receptor-targeted in situ radiation with (111)In-DTPA-JIC 2DL.” Gulec SA, Drouant GJ, Fuselier J, Anthony CT, Heneghan J, DelCarpio JB, Coy DH, Murphy WA, Woltering EA. J Surg Res. 2001 May 15;97(2):131-7.
- “High-dose indium 111In pentetreotide radiotherapy for metastatic atypical carcinoid tumor.” Meyers MO, Anthony LB, McCarthy KE, Drouant G, Maloney TJ, Espanan GD, Woltering EA. South Med J. 2000 Aug;93(8):809-11.
- “Synthesis and characterization of multiply-tyrosinated, multiply-iodinated somatostatin analogs.” Woltering EA, O'Dorisio MS, Murphy WA, Chen F, Drouant GJ, Espenan GD, Fisher DR, Sharma C, Diaco DS, Maloney TM, Fuselier JA, Nelson JA, O'Dorisio TM, Coy DH. J Pept Res. 1999 Feb;53(2):201-13.
- “Multiply radioiodinated somatostatin analogs induce receptor-specific cytotoxicity.“Meyers MO, Anthony CT, Coy DH, Murphy WA, Drouant GJ, Fuselier J, Espenan GD, Maloney TJ, Woltering EA. J Surg Res. 1998 May;76(2):154-8.
- “Computerized Profilometer for the Inspection of Welds.”Badinger MA, Stone FN, Drouant GJ. NASA Tech Briefs, 09/1991.
- “Bar-Code-Scribing Tool.”Badinger MA, Drouant GJ. NASA Tech Briefs, 04/1991.
Presentations & Abstracts
- “Comparisons of Whale Lengths in the Northern Gulf of Mexico.” George Drouant, J. Ioup; Gulf of Mexico Oil Spill and Ecosystem Science Conference 2018 – New Orleans (Feb. 2018)
- “Calculating sperm whale lengths in the Northern Gulf of Mexico.” George Drouant, J. Ioup; 174th Meeting Acoustical Society of America – New Orleans, La. (Dec. 2017)
- “Sperm Whale Sizes Near the BP Oil Spill.” George Drouant, J. Ioup; Gulf of Mexico Oil Spill and Ecosystem Science Conference (2017 GOMOSESC) – New Orleans, La. (Feb. 2017)
- "High Dose 111In-Pentetreotide: Is There Radiolysis?" G. Drouant, J. Nelson, et al; Southwest Chapter of the Society of Nuclear Medicine. (1999)
- U.S. Patent 6,465,613 - "Hydrophilic Somatostatin Analogs" October 15, 2002. Joseph A. Fuselier, George Drouant, et al.
- U.S. Patent 8,618,933 – “Monitoring Method and Apparatus Using Asynchronous, One-Way Transmission from Sensor to Base Station” December, 2013. George Drouant, et al.
- U.S. Patent 8,401,802 – “In Situ Health Monitoring of Piezoelectric Sensors” March, 2013. George Drouant, et al.