- B.S. Electrical Engineering and Physics (2002), Portland State University, USA
- M.S. Electrical and Computer Engineering (2004), Portland State University, USA; Dipl. Ing.
- Telecommunications Engineering (2003), M.Phil
- Telecommunications Engineering (2004), Ph.D.
- Electrical Engineering (2005), ETSIT University of Vigo (Spain)
- Exec. Cert. Technical Management & Leadership (2007), Massachusetts Institute of Technology
- Prof. Cert. Sustainable Energy Conversion & Storage (2009), Stanford University
- M.B.A. International Business (2011), University of London.
Dr. Mateo Aboy's multidisciplinary background includes a combination of engineering, law, and management experience.
Dr. Aboy holds graduate degrees in electrical & computer engineering (PhD), law (PhD/SJD), and international management (MBA), as well as professional registrations as a Professional Chartered Engineer (EU/ES COIT), Certified Licensing Professional (CLP), Patent Practitioner licensed to practice in patent cases before the United States Patent Office (USPTO), Fellow of Information Privacy (FIT, IAPP), Certified Privacy Information Professional (CIPP/E), Certified Privacy Manager (CIPM), Lead Implementer of Information Security Management Systems-ISMS (ISO 27001), Lead Auditor of Medical Device Quality Management Systems (ISO 13485), Lead Implementer of Privacy Information Management Systems - PIMS (ISO 27701), and Certified Data Protection Officer (C-DPO).