The International Committee is an advisory body and reports to the Provost. The Committee:
- Assists in developing goals and objectives for international student and faculty programs;
- Considers issues related to the admission of international students, including TOEFL requirements, scholarships, and immigration;
- Ensures hospitality mechanisms are in place, including host family programs for students;
- Works with the International Students Club to assist with appropriate activities;
- Considers and reviews opportunities for faculty exchanges;
- Reviews and makes recommendations regarding student exchange programs; and
- Maintains an inventory of international activities and areas of expertise within Oregon Tech.
The committee is comprised of the University Registrar and the Director of Admissions or their respective designees; two Student Affairs staff members supporting international students; at least five faculty members including one from a non Klamath Falls campus; one student from Klamath Falls; and one student from Portland Metro. Faculty members should have an active interest in international activities. The Provost appoints the Chair. The Provost and Faculty Senate President
appoint the faculty.