The Software Engineering Technology Programs are accredited by the Engineering Technology Accreditation Commission (ETAC) of ABET, Inc., http://www.abet.org. ABET is a specialized accrediting board recognized by the Council for Higher Education and/or the Secretary of the U.S. Department of Education.
The mission of the Software Engineering Technology (SET) bachelor's degree program within the Computer Systems Engineering Technology (CSET) Department at Oregon Institute of Technology is to prepare our students for productive careers in industry and government by providing an excellent education incorporating industry-relevant, applied laboratory-based instruction in both the theory and application of software engineering. The program is to serve a constituency consisting of our alumni, our employers, and our Industrial Advisory Board. Major components of the SET program's mission in the CSET Department are:
- To educate a new generation of Software Engineering Technology students to meet current and future industrial challenges and emerging software trends.
- To promote a sense of scholarship, leadership, and professional service among our graduates.
- To enable our students to create, develop, apply, and disseminate knowledge within the software development environment.
- To expose our students to cross-disciplinary educational programs.
- To provide government and high tech industry employers with graduates in software engineering and related professions.
Program Educational Objectives
- Use their knowledge of engineering to creatively and innovatively solve difficult computer systems problems.
- Regularly engage in exploring, learning and applying state-of-the-art hardware and software technologies to the solution of computer systems problems.
- Will be an effective software development team member who contributes innovative software design solutions to the resolution of business, scientific or government computer systems problems.
- Will communicate effectively and successfully, both individually and within multi-disciplinary teams.
Program Student Learning Outcomes
- an ability to select and apply the knowledge, techniques, skills, and modern tools of the discipline to broadly-defined engineering technology activities;
- an ability to select and apply a knowledge of mathematics, science, engineering, and technology to engineering technology problems that require the application of principles and applied procedures or methodologies;
- an ability to conduct standard tests and measurements; to conduct, analyze, and interpret experiments; and to apply experimental results to improve processes;
- an ability to design systems, components, or processes for broadly-defined engineering technology problems appropriate to program educational objectives;
- an ability to function effectively as a member or leader on a technical team;
- an ability to identify, analyze, and solve broadly-defined engineering technology problems;
- an ability to apply written, oral, and graphical communication in both technical and non-technical environments; and an ability to identify and use appropriate technical literature;
- an understanding of the need for and an ability to engage in self-directed continuing professional development;
- an understanding of and a commitment to address professional and ethical responsibilities including a respect for diversity;
- a knowledge of the impact of engineering technology solutions in a societal and global context; and
- a commitment to quality, timeliness, and continuous improvement.
Summary of Program Student Learning Outcomes
During the 2016-17 academic year, the Computer Systems Engineering Technology faculty formally assessed the student learning outcomes summarized in the annual program assessment report. Additional details can be found in department assessment records.
Program Curriculum Map
The curriculum map for the Software Engineering Technology bachelor's degree program can be found on the catalog web page on the Oregon Tech website, www.oit.edu/catalog.
Annual Program Assessment Reports
|2016-17 Software Engineering Technology B.S. Assessment Report||PDF||2.31 MB||
|2015-16 Software Engineering Technology A.E. / B.S. Assessment Report||PDF||285.26 KB||
|2014-15 Software Engineering Technology A.E. / B.S. Assessment Report||PDF||874.75 KB||
|2013-14 Software Engineering Technology A.E. / B.S. Assessment Report||PDF||1.39 MB||
|2012-13 Software Engineering Technology A.E. / B.S. Assessment Report||PDF||576.27 KB||
|2011-12 Software Engineering Technology A.E. / B.S. Assessment Report||PDF||204.54 KB||
|2010-11 Software Engineering Technology A.E. / B.S. Assessment Report||PDF||548.96 KB||
|2009-10 Software Engineering Technology A.E. / B.S. Assessment Report||PDF||156.82 KB||
|2008-09 Software Engineering Technology A.E. / B.S. Assessment Report||PDF||170.53 KB||
|2007-08 Software Engineering Technology A.E. / B.S. Assessment Report||PDF||404.14 KB||