While all programs at the university are accredited by the Northwest Commission on Colleges and Universities (NWCCU), where it is available and adds value to our students, our EMS programs offer additional programmatic accreditation. The Paramedic program is nationally accredited by The Commission on Accreditation of Allied Health Education Programs (www.caahep.org) upon the recommendation of the Committee on Accreditation of Educational Programs for the Emergency Medical Services Professions (CoAEMSP).
The BS in EMS Management is designed to provide advanced clinical EMS training, an understanding of general management principals, and hands-on applied training on the specific EMS management challenges experienced in the industry today.
Program Educational Objectives
- Foster professional growth in communication, teamwork, ethics, inquiry and analysis, quantitative literacy, and diversity.
- Prepare students to advance their professional medical training in all the major areas of pre-hospital clinical practice.
- Establish a framework for students to develop an awareness and practice of current EMS management challenges.
Program Student Learning Outcomes
- Have awareness in all, and proficiency in most, of the different medical service offerings provided in the EMS industry today.
- Articulate general management practices and their role in the EMS industry.
- Read and critically evaluate how research in EMS is developed and contributes to EMS practices.
- Take a hands-on leadership role in helping to solve current day EMS management challenges in the community.
Summary of Program Student Learning Outcomes
During the 2016-17 academic year, the Emergency Medical Services faculty formally assessed the student learning outcomes summarized in the annual program assessment report. Additional details can be found in department assessment records.
Program Curriculum Map
The curriculum map for the Emergency Medical Services program can be found on the catalog web page on the Oregon Tech website, www.oit.edu/catalog.
Annual Program Assessment Reports
|2017-18 Emergency Medical Services Management B.S. Assessment Report||PDF||221.50 KB||
|2016-17 Emergency Medical Services Management B.S. Assessment Report||PDF||1.08 MB||
|2015-16 Emergency Medical Services Management B.S. Assessment Report||PDF||17.34 KB||