Oregon Tech has received specialized accreditation for its business programs through the International Accreditation Council for Business Education (IACBE).
The Health Informatics degree fully prepares students to assume positions in information technology departments to enhance quality and operations for the health industry.
Program Educational Objectives
- The Health Informatics degree program prepares students to interpret health policy and systems, with the ability to integrate policies into the healthcare agency.
- The Health Informatics program prepares students to analyze, design and develop information systems that enhance operational efficiencies and strategic goals of the organization.
- The Health Informatics program prepares students to analyze data utilize analytic technologies to improve the organization efficiencies and operational effectiveness.
Department Student Learning Outcomes
- Communicate the major concepts in the functional areas of accounting, marketing, finance, information technology, and management.
- Describe the legal, social, ethical, and economic environments of business in a global context.
- Solve organization problems, individually and/or in teams, using quantitative, qualitative, and technology-enhanced approaches.
- Demonstrate professional communication and behavior.
- Apply knowledge of business concepts and functions in an integrated manner.
Program Student Learning Outcomes
- Interpret Health Systems and Policy
- Design and Implement Information Systems
- Apply statistical concepts to analyze data
Summary of Program Student Learning Outcomes
During the 2016-17 academic year, the Management faculty formally assessed the student learning outcomes summarized in the annual program assessment report. Additional details can be found in department assessment records.
The curriculum map for the Health Informatics program can be found on the catalog web page on the Oregon Tech website, www.oit.edu/catalog.
Annual Program Assessment Reports
|2017-18 Health Informatics B.S. Assessment Report||PDF||588.48 KB||
|2016-17 Health Informatics B.S. Assessment Report||PDF||1.05 MB||
|2015-16 Health Informatics B.S. Assessment Report||PDF||108.64 KB||