The B.S. in Business - Marketing option is a challenging, applicable degree program that integrates management concepts in a technical and innovative setting as required by today’s dynamic business environment. The program develops graduates with relevant skills preparing students for entry into management careers in business, government, public, or social service organizations. Industry-trained faculty translates theory to practice; advising students through the diversity of the curriculum, project-based learning, and internships. The degree serves those students that seek a personal, hands-on learning experience and the needs of the businesses that employ them.
Program Educational Objectives
Graduates of the Marketing program:
- Can assess and apply their strengths in marketing.
- Can distinguish themselves as effective communicators.
- Excel in problem-solving.
- Model ethical and professional behavior.
- Are prepared to pursue professional development opportunities and/or graduate education.
Department Student Learning Outcomes
- Apply core concepts in a business environment.
- Apply the legal, ethical, social, and economic environments of business in a global context.
- Contribute to the development of a team-oriented and collaborative environment.
- Solve business problems using decision-support tools and/or research skills.
- Analyze business concepts and apply strategic planning skills to effect change in an integrated manner.
Program Student Learning Outcomes
- Analyze an organization's activities to develop/implement a marketing strategy.
Summary of Program Student Learning Outcomes
The Management faculty formally assess the student learning outcomes which is summarized in the annual program assessment report linked below.