Oregon Tech is a nationally recognized leader in Emergency Medical Services (EMS) education. We offer one of the few university programs in the country with joint degree programs between a leading polytechnic university (Oregon Tech) and a medical school (Oregon Health and Science University).
The Paramedic program, which began in 1977 as an offshoot of the OHSU medical school training program, is the only university level paramedic program in the state of Oregon. Over 700 alumni can be found in nearly every EMS agency in the region. Our EMT and Paramedic program, as are all of the degree offerings from our EMS department, are a collaborative effort between OIT and OHSU.
Our programs offer a diversified educational experience designed to develop strong field provider skills, as well as management and leadership training within EMS. Students with the discipline and drive to successfully complete our programs, earn eligibility for both state and national licensing exams, and find employment with leading agencies across the Nation.
Competitive Advantages of the OHSU/Oregon Tech Paramedic Program:
- Includes Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS), Pediatric Advanced Life Support (PALS), and Prehospital Trauma Life Support (PHTLS) certifications within degree.
- Only university-based paramedic program in Oregon
- Broad exposure to the full spectrum of the EMS industry (EMT, paramedic, critical care, community care, ems management)
- Dedicated faculty educators currently working in the EMS field
- OHSU partnership
- A pool of cutting edge physicians and educators teaching on their specialties
- Hands-on invasive skills training with fresh cadavers
- Weekly high-fidelity simulation lab integration starting on week 1
- Primary EMS research opportunities
- Nationwide progressive externship opportunities