Requirements for Transfer Students
Oregon Institute of Technology welcomes applications from transfer students who have previously earned college-level credit from regionally accredited institutions of higher education. At least 36 quarter credits (24 semester credits) are required to be admitted on the basis of college record alone.
- Transfer applicants must have a cumulative 2.25 GPA or better in college-level classes unless they hold an associate or bachelor's degree already, in which case, only a cumulative 2.0 GPA is required.
- In order to be admitted to Oregon Tech, transfer applicants must complete the equivalent of MATH 95 Intermediate Algebra (or higher) and WRI 115 Introduction to Writing (or higher) with grades of C- or better.
- Applicants who do not have an associate or bachelor's degree must have at least 36 quarter credits. No more than three of these credits can be in Physical Education and no more than ten percent of an applicant's total credits may be in Physical Education.
Records from all post-secondary institutions must be submitted for consideration.
Students with international transcripts must also have transcripts translated into English and into US standards on a course-by-course basis by an approved transcript evaluation service. There are multiple transcript evaluation services that are acceptable:
- Academic Credentials Evaluation Institute, Inc.
- Academic Evaluation Services, Inc.
- Educational Credential Evaluators, Inc.
- Educational Records Evaluation Service
- Foreign Credentials Service of America (FCSA)
- Global Credential Evaluators, Inc.
- International Education Research Foundation
- Josef Silny & Associates
- Spantran Evaluation Services
- The Foundation for International Services
- World Education Services
- Educational Perspectives
- Foreign Credits International Experts
- CGFNS Credential Evaluation Service (CES) *Only use this one if you are applying for the Nursing program and have taken nursing courses outside of the U.S.A.
A Transfer Evaluation Report acknowledging the courses accepted by the university will be available to the applicant after admission status has been confirmed, prior to the planned term of enrollment. Acceptance of vocational/technical courses may be granted after registration if the student's administering department determines the courses have satisfied certain baccalaureate requirements. In all cases, course and/or department pre-requisites will be enforced.