Major/ Program: Mechanical Engineering Technology
Student Outreach Officer
Major/ Program: Renewable Energy Engineering
Major/ Program: Pre-Medical Laboratory Science
The purpose of the ASOIT is to supplement the social, cultural, physical, and educational interests in its members, and to represent the individual and collective interests of the students of Oregon Tech. The membership consists of all currently enrolled students at Oregon Institute of Technology.
Officer duties vary by position. All officers are expected to work 6-10 hours per week, including participating in a number of institutional committees, Executive meetings, office hours, and weekly meetings with the ASOIT Advisors. There will be some required training over summer term.
- • Participate actively on all institutional committees (assigned annually)
- • Collaborate with Student Services and Student Involvement & Belonging teams with campus events
- • Maintain vibrancy of ASOIT PM Office by organizing and arranging the space to be open, inviting, and inclusive
- • Keep track of club activities for end of year report and reports to the Board of Trustees.
- • Restock ASOIT PM office free food and beverage items
- • Check and reply to PM-ASOIT@groups.oit.edu emails as needed.
- Serve as the chief spokesperson and representative of ASOIT PM.
- Maintain oversight of ASOIT PM projects and programs
- Meet one on one with ASOIT PM officers to monitor hours and productivity
- Facilitate ASOIT PM officers to identify, implement and evaluate projects and programs
- Create agenda and chair ASOIT PM officer and Parliament meetings
- In partnership with the ASOIT PM Vice President, represent students at administrative meetings (e.g., Board of Trustees, PM Leadership Team)
- Ensure equitable hiring process of new ASOIT PM officers
- In partnership with the ASOIT PM Vice President, collaborate with ASOIT Klamath Falls through ASOIT Council
- Assist Student Services and Student Involvement & Belonging teams with campus events when available
- In collaboration with the Associate Dean, plan and implement ASOIT PM training
- Assist ASOIT PM President in oversight of ASOIT PM projects and programs, facilitating meetings, etc.
- Monitor and ensure documentation of ASOIT PM projects and programs
- Meet one on one with ASOIT PM officers to monitor projects, or to see if help is needed
- Submit a year-end report to the Associate Dean of Students Portland Metro
- In collaboration with the Administrative Officer, create and maintain ASOIT PM governing documentation
- Keep an updated list of institution committees, track student committee involvement and contributions
- In partnership with the ASOIT PM President, represent students at administrative meetings (e.g., Board of Trustees, PM Leadership Team)
- In partnership with the ASOIT PM President, collaborate with ASOIT Klamath Falls through
- Develop opportunities for students to share feedback via surveys, town hall meetings, focus groups, etc.
- For identified student concerns, determine stakeholders, take appropriate action, track the status of issues
- Utilize Oregon Tech governance structure to advocate for student concerns
- Submit student concerns to ASOIT-PM and administration
- Collaborate in the development of bills and resolutions based on student feedback
- Responsible for representing and actively seeking the views of the student body
- Work with Student Involvement & Success Coordinator to advocate for clubs during process and procedure review and updates.
- Facilitate communication to clubs regarding Parliament Meetings, sending reminders and tracking attendance.
- Facilitate communication to clubs regarding any changes in process, policy, or club status.
- Attend club events, meetings, and activities.
- Keep records on current clubs, bring new club proposals to ASOIT for voting.
- Create advertising for campus events and notices; distribute marketing to campus outlets.
- Communicate campus events and notices to campus partners (e.g., marketing, CIC).
- Maintain and approve postings to the ASOIT PM designated campus bulletin board(s).
- Monitor ASOIT PM budget, organize finance-related documentation (e.g., special consideration funds), ensure finance-related voting procedures and approvals
- Write and post minutes of ASOIT- PM executive and Parliament meetings, organize ASOIT PM files within Teams
- Organize Student Clubs & Organization Budget Hearings
- Submit Student Club & Organization budgets to the Associate Dean of Students PM and Finance Office
- Reserve rooms for ASOIT PM Parliament meetings; send meeting announcements at the beginning of the year and reminders as needed
- Submit ASOIT PM purchase orders as needed
- In collaboration with the ASOIT PM Vice President, create and maintain ASOIT PM governing documentation
- Photograph ASOIT PM events and activities; or arrange for event photography.
- Manage and maintain the ASOIT PM webpages
- 503-821-1250 (PM office line)
- PM 2nd Floor: 221
ASOIT Klamath Falls
KF Communications Officer