2018- 2019 Budget request process & timeline for student organizations
Student organization leaders/advisors:
It is once again time to submit budget requests for the 2018-2019 academic year. Below you will find details on the timeline and process to submit a budget request. PLEASE READ ALL DETAILS CLOSELY so that you do not miss any key facts or deadlines.
The budget request forms are above, and are the required method to submit a request. Please note that there are tabs at the bottom of the spreadsheet for the various areas of funding. Directions are included on the first tab, but if you have any questions or need assistance, please contact Olivia Torres Stagner (ASOIT Finance Officer) or Holly Anderson, Associate Director of Campus Life. You have several options in submitting your request:
- If your organization wishes to receive the minimum funding for clubs ($300), then an email stating the organization name and that request may be submitted to firstname.lastname@example.org by the request deadline. No budget form needs to be submitted in this case.
- If your organization wishes to receive any amount other than the minimum $300, then you must complete the attached form and submit it by the deadline in order to be considered. Groups requesting funding above the minimum amount are also REQUIRED to give a short presentation to the Financial Allocations Committee (FAC) – dates provided below.
- Any group that does not do one of the 2 options above will not receive funding for the 2017-2018 academic year.
The timeline for the budget request process this year will be:
Wednesday, January 31st: Budget request forms are due into the ASOIT email account by 5:00pm (there will be NO exceptions for any late submissions). All requests must be sent as an email attachment, in MS Excel format.
Friday and Saturday, February 2nd & 3rd: Budget Hearings will take place for all groups requesting funds. Each organization will be given 15 minutes based on their requested availability. The 15 minutes that are given to your group is broken down into 5 minutes for the group representative to present a budget, 5 minutes for questions from the committee, and 5 minutes for transition.
*Please note that groups will be given choice of presentation times on a FIRST COME, FIRST SERVED basis! So the earlier you submit your request, the better chance you have of getting your preferred presentation time.
Budget Hearing Times:
The budget hearing committee will be meeting on Friday, February 2nd from 2:00pm - 7:45pm (with a break for dinner from 4:30-5:15pm) and on Saturday, February 3rd from 8:00am - 5:00pm (with a break for lunch from noon-1pm).
*Olivia has already made the sign-up sheets with the different time slots, so it's just waiting for you all to start signing up!
When submitting your budget request via email (to email@example.com), please include the following in the email itself:
- Name of student organization
- Preferred presentation times – please include your top 3 time slots (include day and hour) within those outlined above. Any group that does not include a preference for day & time will be assigned a slot based on our best availability.
- Be sure to attach the MS Excel budget request form, and DOUBLE CHECK that it has been filled out completely.
- We also recommend that you copy yourself and your advisor on the email so that you have your own confirmation that the email was sent.
Olivia Torres, Finance Officer, will send a confirmation via email no later than Thursday, February 1st that includes your assigned presentation time. PLEASE BE EARLY, as we will be on a strict schedule for presentations. Arriving late for your presentation may bump you to an undetermined time until we have another opening.
Please be aware that any group that does not present their budget to ASOIT may only receive the minimum $300 funding for the year. That holds true if your group fails to show up for your presentation, or shows up late and is not able to present.
For some of you, this may not be the first time that you have submitted a budget request form, but if this is your first time or if you have any trouble at all filling out the forms PLEASE DON'T HESITATE TO ASK OLIVIA FOR HELP!