You Are Not Alone

The pandemic has been hard on us all, in lots of different ways. The Integrated Student Health Center (ISHC) wants you to know that You Are Not Alone! Starting the first day of Spring term, we will be offering free, confidential Drop-In Zoom Counseling. You can talk with a professional counselor about what is happening in your life right now, get support, and walk away with specific strategies and “next steps” for how to handle issues which you are facing. This can be a one-time talk or it could lead to working with a counselor on a regular basis; it’s up to you. We use a secure, HIPAA-compliant Zoom account, so there is no concern about privacy, and what we talk about is confidential and stays separate from your academic record. Try it out – connect with us and let us help you navigate this complicated, COVID-19 world.

Drop-In Zoom will be available 10am to Noon MWF and 2pm to 4pm on Tu/Th at the following URL:

Zoom Link

Passcode: NotAlone

Questions? Call ISHC at 541-885-1800

Klamath Falls Campus

Counseling services are offered at the Integrated Student Health Center Building in front of the Sustainable Village. Counselors offer personal, educational, and crisis counseling to students. Sessions are private and confidential. Counseling is available free of charge to students enrolled in six or more on-campus credits and who have paid the Student Health Fee. Sometimes students are referred to services off-campus to better address their needs.

Counselors also offer consultation to faculty, staff, and students who want advice on how to help students with problems.

Integrated Student Health Center

ISHC Building in front of Village Apartments

Portland-Metro Campus

Counseling services are available on the Portland-Metro Campus; as on the Klamath Falls campus, students who are taking six or more on-campus credits and who have paid the Student Health Fee are eligible for free counseling.

Please schedule a counseling appointment on the Portland-Metro campus by calling 503-821-1313 . Currently, all counseling appointments with Leanne Reed, LPC, are being conducted virtually with a secure, HIPAA-compliant Zoom. 

Portland-Metro Student Services

Additional Resources

Types of Counseling Available

Personal Counseling

Personal counseling focuses on concerns such as depression, anxiety, self-esteem, relationship problems, and managing stress.
Some of the other specific problems we talk with students about include:

  • suicidal thoughts
  • loneliness
  • partner problems
  • conflict with parents/spouses/children
  • coping with past or present abusive situations
  • stalking
  • dating issues
  • sexually transmitted diseases
  • harassment
  • sexuality
  • sexual assault
  • substance abuse
  • being a minority group member at Oregon Tech
  • grief

If you have a personal concern, and aren't sure where to go for help, our staff will likely be able to assist you.

Academic Counseling

Our counseling staff can offer support resolving academic problems, including test anxiety, time management, motivation, study skills, and problems with faculty. We frequently refer students to other campus resources for additional support.

Career Counseling

Often, concerns about career direction and whether a specific major is the best fit arise during the course of a college student's academic career. Our counseling staff are happy to have these discussions with students and to assist in helping students connect to additional resources as needed. For instance, the Oregon Tech Career Services department specializes in career exploration and job seeking skills.

Substance Abuse Treatment

For students struggling with alcohol or other drug problems, ISHC counselors can support them on-campus, If students are interested in working with someone in the community, we recommend Lutheran Community Services Northwest (LCS).

If you think you might have an alcohol or drug problem, but you aren't sure if you need help, we recommend you come to the Integrated Student Health Center for a preliminary assessment. Individuals interested in conducting a confidential self-assessment of their drinking behavior may want to complete a screening tool such as the Alcohol Use Disorders Identification Test (AUDIT) developed by the World Health Organization.