Oregon Tech Student Veterans
We are here to assist you in transitioning from military life to student life! Here are the recommended steps to utilize your VA benefit as efficiently as possible:
- Review the VA website and determine which educational benefits (programs/chapter) you are eligible for.
- Get admitted to Oregon Tech. Note: you may only receive VA benefits for two terms without being fully-admitted to Oregon Tech (i.e. a non-degree student).
- Complete VA Application for education benefits.
- Submit a Certificate of Eligibility (sent via mail VA application has been processed) to the campus-specific School Certifying Official.
- Transfer Students:
If you are transferring from another higher education institution with 36 credits or more and are a veteran, welcome! Here are some steps to assist in the transfer process:
- Send all transcripts to the Registrar’s Office (email@example.com). To include the military transcript or Joint Services Transcripts (JST), please request them from the JST website. Oregon Tech adheres to ACE-recommended guidelines for transfer credit evaluation. Military experience is currently not evaluated, but Oregon Tech can accept military credit or courses. Each student has their own individual evaluation specific to their major and circumstances.
- As a transfer student, you can transfer and apply up to 75% of the degree from another institution and/or military credit. The remainder of the degree pursued must be completed with Oregon Tech. An evaluated education plan will be provided within 60 days after the individual has selected a degree program and all required official transcripts have been received.
- Chapter 30 and 1606 students must verify enrollment monthly by Web Automated Verification of Enrollment, WAVE. This generates your VA payment.
Note: Check your Oregon Tech email regularly as this is our official means of communication. Remember-VA will only pay for courses that apply to your specific Oregon Tech program!
Student Veterans benefit at Oregon Tech
Oregon Tech offers unlimited funding for the Yellow Ribbon Program and adheres to the Section 702 Choice Act to benefit out-of-state student veterans.
We now also offer to waive the admission fee entirely (with appropriate military documentation), and offer college credit for military coursework upon receipt of official transcripts.
For More Information