Peer Consulting Center
Schedule a Session
In TECHWeb access MyWCOonline by clicking on the Peer Consulting link, under the Student Resources tab.
What is Peer Consulting?
Peer Consulting is a completely free academic tutoring provided by your classmates. Peer Consultants are typically Oregon Tech students who have earned a B or better in the same classes you are taking now.
We offer academic support in most academic subjects including:
- Software Engineering
- Mechanical Engineering
- Renewable Energy Engineering
- Electrical Engineering
- Programming and Software Design
- Scholarship and Grant Applications
Most meetings with Peer Consultants are one-on-one, unless you are working on homework or a project with someone else.
Drop In Consulting
There are often available Peer Consultants in the Peer Consulting Center during business hours. Just ask someone in a yellow shirt for help. If no one is immediately available, you may have to wait or make an appointment for another time.
Group Consulting and Study Sessions
May be arranged for specific meeting times throughout the term, or just before a midterm or final exam.
Online and Distance Education Consulting
We have a few Peer Consultants who can provide online consulting in some subjects, and are available through MyWCOnline. Distance consulting needs may be arranged on a case by case basis.
How do I access the Peer Consulting Center?
- Access MyWCOnline to view the Peer Consulting Center Schedule, make appointments and identify peer consultants that can help with specific courses
- Drop in the center during regular business hours to meet with a peer consultant