Image shows ACES graphic with text that says "ACES, Access & Campus Equity Services facilitates access to Oregon Tech programs and services for individuals with disabilities through accommodations, education, consultation, and advocacy" with the ADA parking symbol, a symbol for Braille, a symbol for sign language, and a symbol for neural diversity.

How to Apply for ACES Services using Accessibility Information Management (AIM)


ACES is proud to provide Accessibility Information Management (AIM) software to assist with student accommodations. AIM is an online tool that allows students to register with ACES, apply for accommodations, and request accommodations each term. Accommodations include academic, housing, and service animals.

To start an application in AIM, follow the instructions in the first document.

If you need a template for your medical/mental health provider, use the second document.

For registered ACES students, follow the instructions in the third document to request your accommodations - this MUST be done EVERY TERM. Finally, the last document shows you how to schedule your test/quiz in the Testing Center.

Got a question? Contact us at


Access & Campus Equity Services (ACES) facilitates access to Oregon Tech programs and services for individuals with disabilities through accommodations, education, consultation, and advocacy.



Access & Campus Equity Services (ACES) strives to promote a diverse, inclusive, supportive, and accessible learning and working environment for individuals with disabilities. The vision of the office is to promote disability as diversity and ensure individuals with disabilities have full access, inclusion, and belonging in the Oregon Tech community.



Oregon Tech's Access & Campus Equity Services (ACES) office, formerly Disability Services, coordinates academic adjustments and auxiliary aids for students with disabilities.


Students desiring services to accommodate a disability should contact ACES well in advance of entering Oregon Tech. Appropriate documentation of an impairment that might constitute a disability as defined in the relevant laws will typically be required. The student will meet with ACES staff to determine eligibility and appropriate academic adjustments and aids. Program staff will assist students in communicating information about needs and adjustments to instructors.

Frequently Asked Questions

ACES does not offer tutoring on course content or academic skills. The Center for Academic Resources and Engagement Services (CARES) coordinates free drop-in tutoring for all students. For more information visit CARES. Some specialized tutoring is also available in academic departments.

ACES does not offer any scholarships at this time. The Financial Aid office is another excellent resource for scholarships and other sources of funding. Here are some external organizations that may have scholarships available. 

No. Our office encourages students to use whatever available resources are necessary to succeed in college. However, you are encouraged to meet with ACES at the beginning of your college career. It will allow you to learn what ACES offers. Registering with the office and providing documentation will make it much quicker and easier to access services if you later decide to utilize accommodations.

If a partial course load is necessary due to specific disability related limitations ACES can assist you. When appropriate, support letters can be provided from ACES for university housing, scholarships, etc., stating that it is reasonable to consider full-time equivalency for eligibility requirements.

For many types of requests you can contact Housing & Residence Life directly. A statement outlining specific need from your doctor may be required. In many cases you will want to register with ACES and provide detailed documentation so we can assist with supporting your request and making recommendations to Housing, as needed. ACES is also available to assist in this process if you are uncomfortable directly disclosing information regarding why you are requesting accommodations.

ACES is available to work with students who are dealing with unique circumstances around financial aid eligibility. Sometimes Financial Aid will ask you to provide a letter to verify that you are registered with ACES, or to help support a specific financial aid petition request on the basis of disability or a medical condition.

Klamath Falls: Contact Campus Safety at 541.885.1117.

Portland-Metro: Contact the CIC Desk at 503-821-1250

Explain that you cannot get to your class due to a malfunction in the elevator and you need immediate assistance. Contact ACES if you want us to intervene with your instructor or need other assistance.

An individual with a disability who uses a service animal is not required to register the animal with university authorities prior to bringing the animal on campus. However, students are strongly encouraged to register with ACES so that the presence of the animal on campus is documented as part of approved accommodation. Refer to the Service Animal Policies and Procedures for complete guidelines.