Penalties for Offenses
|No Current Oregon Tech virtual permit||$25.00|
|No Parking Zone||$25.00|
|Other Parking Offenses||$25.00 / $35.00|
|Driving a Motor Vehicle or Bicycle in a Non-Designated Area||$35 + cost of repairs|
|Bicycle Parked in Non-Designated area||$25.00|
|Parking in or Blocking a Designated ADA parking space by Authority of Oregon Revised Statue (ORS) 811.615(5)||$55.00 / $195.00 / $455.00|
|Violation of Oregon Tech Policy - Traffic Offenses
Moving violations including such offenses as reckless driving, driving while intoxicated, speeding, driving the wrong way, disobeying a traffic control device (running stop signs etc.), excessive noise and other offenses not otherwise specified herein are a violation of the State of Oregon motor vehicle laws and punishable upon conviction. In accordance with Oregon State law, campus violators will be fined $35.00. Violations referred to the City of Klamath Falls revert to city bails and fines.
Habitual offenders are fined $60.00 in addition to the original citation fine for the offense(s) on their latest citation. Habitual offenders are defined as individuals who are responsible for three or more separate offenses/citations in an academic year. The $60.00 fine -in addition to the offense fine on the given citation- is imposed for the third conviction and each conviction thereafter during the academic year.
- A vehicle has a parking permit and has been issued five (5) or more citations within the current academic year.
- A vehicle does not have a parking permit and has been issued three (3) or more citations within the current academic year.
A vehicle may be towed off campus and impounded and the owner subjected to towing and storage fees in addition to penalties under the following circumstances:
- A vehicle is causing imminent danger to people or university property.
- A vehicle that has been left parked or standing in an area not normally used for vehicular traffic including parking on sidewalks lawn or landscaped areas.
- A vehicle is considered abandoned for at least seven (7) days.
- A vehicle is parked for more than 4 hours in the charging station actively charging their electric vehicle.
- Continued violations accrued after booting protocol has been concluded. Example: A vehicle has been booted and existing fines and penalties have been paid, but parking violations continue