September 14 - 15, 2015
Klamath Falls, Semon Hall
The Faculty Development Pre-Convocation Workshop asked faculty if they wanted students to:
- Ask meaningful questions and use evidence to support conclusions?
- Produce and use quantitative information in many contexts?
- Understand and respond to the diverse perspectives of others?
- Welcome and Lunch catered by Nibbley's
- How Do We Know We're Talking About the Same Thing?: An Introduction to Norming
- Norming Session 1
Break & Refreshments
- Norming Session 2
- Debrief: What works in Rubrics? What Should Our Rubrics Look Like?
- Large Group Discussion and Looking Ahead to Day 2
- Sponsored Social at Biagio's
- Mingle & Breakfast Treats
- Small Group Discussion: How Do Assignment Prompts Affect Student Work?
- Introduction to Assignment Design
- Assignment Design Charrette: Workshopping Our Own Assignments in Mini Groups
Lunch catered by Thai Orchid
- Group Discussion: Some Ideas from Outside Oregon Tech
- Small Group Discussion on Scaffolding Learning Experiences: How Do We Build Up and Build Upon Students' Abilities From One Course to the Next?
Conference Planning Team and Presenters
- Seth Anthony
- Sandra Bailey
- Aja Bettencourt-McCarthy
- Sharon Beaudry
- Jim Hulse
- Veronica Koehn
- Kari Lundgren
- Hallie Neupert
- Kris Rosenberg
- Mehmet Vurkac