What Type of Applicant Are You?
The first step in your journey is to determine what type of applicant you are from the four categories below, and then to complete the appropriate application.
Freshman Applicant characteristics
- Have never enrolled as a degree-seeking student at a college or university.
- Have attended an institution that is not regionally accredited.
- Do not have 36 quarter hours of transfer credits.
Transfer Applicant characteristics
- Have earned 36 quarter hours of transfer credits, or students who have graduated from a regionally accredited college or university.
- Have earned 36 college credits with a combination of Transfer course work and Oregon Tech course work.
Non-Degree Applicant characteristics
- Are taking classes for personal enrichment or enhance job skills
- Want to Complete the Composite Certificates
- Have not yet meet Oregon Tech’s admissions requirements
Please note that non-degree applicants are not eligible for financial aid and can take a maximum of 8 credits per term.
Graduate Applicant characteristics
- Completed a four-year degree from a regionally accredited institution in the field of engineering or a related field
- Minimum of a 3.0 GPA on a 4.0 scale
- Maintained good academic standing at the previous college/university attended
- Satisfactorily meet the professional, personal, scholastic, and other standards for graduate study