Image shows the Oregon Tech block logo with "Oregon" in white text inside a blue box and "Tech" in blue text in yellow box above the text "Disability and Testing Services"


Disability Services facilitates access to Oregon Tech programs and services for individuals with disabilities through accommodations, education, consultation, and advocacy.



Disability Services strives to promote a diverse, inclusive, supportive, and accessible learning and working environment for individuals with disabilities. The vision of the office is to promote disability as diversity and ensure individuals with disabilities have full access, inclusion, and belonging in the Oregon Tech community.



Oregon Tech's Disability Services office coordinates academic adjustments and auxiliary aids for students with disabilities.


Students desiring services to accommodate a disability should contact Disability Services well in advance of entering Oregon Tech. Appropriate documentation of an impairment that might constitute a disability as defined in the relevant laws will typically be required. The student will meet with Disability Services staff to determine eligibility and appropriate academic adjustments and aids. Program staff will assist students in communicating information about needs and adjustments to instructors.

How to Apply for Disability Services using Accessibility Information Management (AIM)


Disability Services is proud to provide Accessibility Information Management (AIM) software to assist with student accommodations. AIM is an online tool that allows students to register with Disability Services, apply for accommodations, and request accommodations each term. Accommodations include academic, housing, and service animals.

Use the documents located on this page to:

  • Start an application in AIM
  • Obtain a template for your medical/mental health provider
  • Request your accommodations - this MUST be done EVERY TERM
  • Learn how to schedule a test/quiz in the Testing Center

Got a question? Contact us at

Frequently Asked Questions

Disability Services does not offer tutoring on course content or academic skills. Peer Tutoring coordinates free drop-in tutoring for all students. For more information visit Peer Tutoring. 

Disability Services does not offer any scholarships at this time. The Financial Aid office is another excellent resource for scholarships and other sources of funding. Here are some external organizations that may have scholarships available. 

No. Our office encourages students to use whatever available resources are necessary to succeed in college. However, you are encouraged to meet with Disability Services at the beginning of your college career. It will allow you to learn what Disability Services offers. Registering with the office and providing documentation will make it much quicker and easier to access services if you later decide to utilize accommodations.

If a partial course load is necessary due to specific disability related limitations Disability Services can assist you. When appropriate, support letters can be provided from Disability Services for university housing, scholarships, etc., stating that it is reasonable to consider full-time equivalency for eligibility requirements.

For many types of requests you can contact Housing & Residence Life directly. A statement outlining specific need from your doctor may be required. In many cases you will want to register with Disability Services and provide detailed documentation so we can assist with supporting your request and making recommendations to Housing, as needed. Disability Services is also available to assist in this process if you are uncomfortable directly disclosing information regarding why you are requesting accommodations.

Disability Services is available to work with students who are dealing with unique circumstances around financial aid eligibility. Sometimes Financial Aid will ask you to provide a letter to verify that you are registered with Disability Services, or to help support a specific financial aid petition request on the basis of disability or a medical condition.

Klamath Falls: Contact Campus Safety at 541.885.1117.

Portland-Metro: Contact the CIC Desk at 503-821-1250

Explain that you cannot get to your class due to a malfunction in the elevator and you need immediate assistance. Contact Disability Services if you want us to intervene with your instructor or need other assistance.

An individual with a disability who uses a service animal is not required to register the animal with university authorities prior to bringing the animal on campus. However, students are strongly encouraged to register with Disability Services so that the presence of the animal on campus is documented as part of approved accommodation. Refer to the Service Animal Policies and Procedures for complete guidelines.