First Year Curriculum/Prerequisite Courses
These courses are required to apply to a Medical Imaging program. All prerequisite coursework must be completed successfully by the end of the spring term when you apply.
You may take the prerequisite classes at Oregon Tech's Klamath Falls or Portland-Metro campus, from another college, or online through Oregon Tech's distance education.
Note: MIT 103 is only available at Oregon Tech, either on campus or online.
Enrollment is open to all students who meet the general entry requirements to the university. Students will be listed as Pre-Medical Imaging Technology (Pre-MIT) students. Admittance to the Oregon Tech Pre-MIT degree path does not mean the student has been accepted into a specific MIT program. See the selection criteria link on this page.
- CHE 101 - Intro to General Chemistry
- CHE 104 - Intro to General Chemistry Lab
- MATH 111 - College Algebra
- MATH 112 - Trigonometry
- MIT 103 - Intro to Medical Imaging ONLY AVAILABLE AT OREGON TECH online or on campus
- WRI 121 - English Composition
- BIO 200 - Medical Terminology
- PSY 201 - Psychology or PSY 202 - Psychology or PSY 203 - Psychology
- SPE 111 - Public Speaking
- Social Science Elective
- Humanities Elective
Must take in sequence.
- BIO 231 - Human Anatomy/Physiology I
- BIO 232 - Human Anatomy/Physiology II
- BIO 233 - Human Anatomy/Physiology III
*General education elective courses in pre-medical imaging technology first year curriculum map can be substituted with other equivalent credit general education courses. Please reach out to your Oregon Tech academic advisor form more information.