2020 Application Closed
The MIT department will not be conducting live interviews this year. Applicants should watch for information regarding changes to this year's selection process and will be sent in follow-up e-mail.
Program Selection Criteria
These instructions (application materials are on the right sidebar of this page) are for Pre-Medical Imaging Technology (Pre-MIT) students seeking to apply and enter one of the five medical imaging programs starting in the Fall of each year. To be eligible, all prerequisite courses identified in the Pre-MIT curriculum (freshman year) must be completed successfully by the end of Spring term in the year you are applying.
Important Changes to the Selection Criteria:
- Background checks, drug screening and physical examination will be required after a student is accepted into a program.
- Course Attempts - The highest passing grade earned in each course attempt will be counted toward selection.
- Preference points will be given for the following Pre-MIT year courses taken through Oregon Tech. Students will receive 0.25 points per credit, with a maximum of 5 points that can be applied toward selection. Credit is given for OIT courses identified below, and only if it is the attempt that is counted toward selection.
- BIO 231 (4 credits, 1 pt)
- BIO 232 (4 credits, 1 pt)
- BIO 233 (4 credits, 1 pt)
- CHEM 101 (3 credits, 0.75 pts)
- CHEM 104 (1 credit, 0.25 pts)
- MATH 112 (4 credits, 1 pt)
- A minimum weighted GPA of 2.95 is needed to be eligible for consideration toward acceptance into a medical imaging program.