Program Selection Criteria
These instructions (application materials are on the right sidebar of this page) are for Pre-Medical Imaging Technology (Pre-MIT) students seeking to apply and enter one of the five medical imaging programs starting in the Fall of each year. To be eligible, all prerequisite courses identified in the Pre-MIT curriculum (freshman year) must be completed successfully by the end of Spring term in the year you are applying.
Important Changes to the Selection Criteria:
- Background checks, drug screening and physical examination will be required after a student is accepted into a program.
- Course Attempts - The highest passing grade earned in each course attempt will be counted toward selection.
- Preference points will be given for the following Pre-MIT year courses taken through Oregon Tech. Students will receive 0.25 points per credit, with a maximum of 5 points that can be applied toward selection. Credit is given for Oregon Tech courses identified below, and only if it is the attempt that is counted toward selection.
- BIO 231 (4 credits, 1 pt)
- BIO 232 (4 credits, 1 pt)
- BIO 233 (4 credits, 1 pt)
- CHEM 101 (3 credits, 0.75 pts)
- CHEM 104 (1 credit, 0.25 pts)
- MATH 112 (4 credits, 1 pt)
- A minimum weighted GPA of 2.95 is needed to be eligible for consideration toward acceptance into a medical imaging program.