Consortium forms are used in limited cases when a student only plans on taking classes at another school for one term, is not dual enrolled, and wants all credits to count towards their financial aid eligibility. If a student plan on taking classes continually at another school, and Oregon Tech has a Dual Enrollment agreement with that school, it is recommended to become a dual admitted student.

Under the following circumstances, the Financial Aid Office at Oregon Tech may be able to count classes a student is taking at another institution toward the student's overall course load when determining the student's eligibility for financial aid if:

  • Student has turned in the completed form and any additional needed documents by the end of the second week of the term.
  • Student is fully admitted to a degree-granting program at Oregon Tech and are otherwise eligible for financial aid.
  • Student is taking at least 6 credits at Oregon Tech.
  • The class at the other institution is 100 level or higher.
  • The class is mandatory the student's degree completion.
  • The class will not be offered by Oregon Tech during the term which aid is awarded.

The student must complete a Consortium Agreement and attach a copy of the class registration from the other institution.

Additionally, it is student's responsibility to provide the Financial Aid Office at Oregon Tech with a copy of the consortium class grade report at the end of the term so we may evaluate the student's satisfactory academic progress. All aid for future terms will be on hold if we do not receive the grades within 30 days of the term ending.

Frequently Asked Questions

A consortium agreement is necessary only if you are taking classes at Oregon Tech and another school during the same term and want the financial aid office at Oregon Tech to consider those classes to count toward your overall course load for financial aid purposes.

Generally, classes that count are 100 level or higher and are required-for your degree. However, if you are placed in remedial coursework (math or writing courses lower that 100 level) we may be able to count these, classes.

Federal regulations state that a student cannot receive financial aid from two schools at the same time. So, the school that you will receive financial aid from (your degree granting institution) is the "home" institution, and the school that you are taking the other class from is the "host" institution. The host institution must verify that they are not giving you financial aid for the class that you are taking with them so we can.

Simply complete the first four blank lines on the page, and then complete the student section at the bottom. Attach a copy of your registration from the host school and have your Oregon Tech academic counselor sign the form. Take the form to your host school, and they will return it to us when they have completed their section.

It is your responsibility to provide our office with your grade report from your host school within 30 days after the end of the term. Your financial aid will not be released for future terms unless we have proof that you have successfully completed your coursework.