Free Application for Federal Student Aid
Oregon Tech recommends that all students apply for financial aid. The form is very easy to use and free. Even if you only qualify for a student loan to help fund your education, this is where you start.
Remember, you must file for financial aid annually. The 2023-24 FAFSA opened October 1, 2022. The 2024-25 FAFSA is anticipated to open in early December 2023. Be sure to file as early as possible. Check out this tutorial for FAFSA help. We must have a valid FAFSA on file before the award year ends in June and you must be enrolled in 6 credits or more to be eligible for aid. Some types of aid are limited, we suggest you file the FAFSA the first month it is open to be considered for all financial aid.
FAFSA on the Web: www.studentaid.gov/fafsa
Make sure you have a FSA ID and Password for yourself and/or parents at www.studentaid.gov/fafsa
Tips for Filing
- FAFSA is FREE, don't pay for it.
- Make sure you list Oregon Tech (003211) as a school choice.
- Remember to double check all of your information before submitting to avoid mistakes and delay.
- Remember to electronically sign your FAFSA with your/and your parents FSA ID and Password.
- Make sure you get the confirmation screen with a confirmation number—this should be the last thing you see before you log off.
- Make sure you have a copy of the confirmation number and DRN.