Information For Students
Electronic Billing & Payment
- Oregon Tech billing and payment services are delivered online through CASHNet® (a third-party billing and payment service Oregon Tech has contracted with the deliver these services). Students and Payers (student designated person-parent, guardian, etc.) can make payments online (using ePayment, debit or credit cards), view eBills (electronic statements), and see recent account activity.
- eBills are generated on a monthly billing cycle and are produced around the 15th of each month. Payments on student charges made through the 2nd Friday of each term are due on the 2nd Friday of the term. Any charges made after the 2nd Friday of the term are due on the 1st day of the following month. For dates that late payment fees are assessed, see the main Cashier's Office web-page. Late payment fees of $99.00 are assessed for unpaid balances greater than $100.00. Interest is assessed on balances older than 30 days around the 15th of each month (at the time eBills are generated).
- eBills are not generated on accounts without a balance
- Once statements are available online, an electronic notification is sent to students at their Oregon Tech email address.*
- Students access CASHNet® by:
- Logging in to TECHWeb (link that says LOGIN on the top right of the main OIT webpage (www.oit.edu)
- Selecting Web For Student
- Selecting Student Records
- Clicking on the link that says CASHNet Direct Login
- Going to the Cashier's Office Website and clicking the CASHNet® Login link on the right side
- Logging in to CASHNet using their Web For Student credentials (Student ID# and Pin)
- Payments can be made online through CASHNet®, in person, or mailed with the bottom portion of a printed eBill to (If you do not have a copy of the eBill, please include the student's Oregon Tech student ID number with your payment):
Oregon Institute of Technology
3201 Campus Dr
Klamath Falls, OR 97601
*Once students have been assigned an Oregon Tech ID and PIN, and have registered for classes, an Oregon Tech email address is automatically created for them. Students can access their Oregon Tech email by logging in to TECHweb.
Setting up Payers (student designated person-parent, guardian, etc.)
- Students can establish Payers on their CASHNet® account (Payer logins are unique to each student account, so a parent with multiple students will need to have multiple CASHNet® Payer logins) by following steps below:
- Once logged in to CASHNet (see above for login instructions), click on your name on the left side of the screen
- Under the section titled Payers, click "Send a payer invitation"
- Fill in the Payer's name, email address, and enter a message to them and then click "Send Invite"
Information For Parents Or Guardians
Student File Privacy Information
- Under FERPA, a student's financial records are confidential. In order for Oregon Tech to provide eBills, or other CASHNet® access to a third party (such as a parent, a grandparent, or a guardian) the student must establish them as a Payer in CASHNet®. Payers will receive the same email notifications (to the email address indicated in your Payer login information) that a student receives each month and can access eBills by clicking on the link provided in the email. Payers can also view the student's current balance, and any activity that has happened since the last eBill by logging in to CASHNet®.
- Please note that Payers access does not provide you access to student financial information (or any other information) by any other means than CASHNet®. If you require information directly from the university your student will have to set you up in the Proxy Menu in Web For Student. For additional information regarding the Proxy Setup, please contact the Registrar's Office at firstname.lastname@example.org or 541-885-1305
CASHNet® Payer Login
- Payers will access CASHNet® through the link provided in their email notification, or on the web by visiting: https://commerce.cashnet.com/cashneta/selfserve/eBillLogin.aspx?client=OIT_PROD<=P
- Please bookmark this page for future reference, as you can access CASHNet® between eBill periods and view your student's Recent Activity, or see your student's current account balance.
- If you forget your username or password, you will need to contact your student to obtain your username or have your password reset. Oregon Tech does not have access to Payer username or password information, so we do not have the capability to reset either your username or password for you.